The most beautiful places of the Golden Horn and the Bosphorus were allocated for sultans and important people for their palaces and mansions. Over time many of them have disappeared. Çırağan, a large palace, was burnt in 1910. It was built in 1871 by Sultan Abdulaziz the Palace Architect Serkis Balyan at a place of a former wooden palace. In four years, the work of four million gold was made of wood and the marble was covered in walls. Superior examples of stone workmanship were completed by columns, richly furnished spaces. The rooms were adorned with rare furniture, furnishings with golden gilding and mother of pearl pencils. Like the other palaces of the Bosphorus, Çırağan had many important meeting places. There were colorful pavilions with embroidered pavilions, abandoned doors and a bridge to the Star Palace on the back bank. The side of the street was surrounded by high walls. The ruins, which have been in ruins for years, have been renovated at the end of major repairs and have been transformed into a 5 star, beautiful hotel with the additions to the side.